If you have multiple languages enabled in your help center and you want to translate the default English texts of a theme, you can use the Dynamic Content functionality of Zendesk.
This is the feature that allows you to put text translations into different languages in named placeholders. Using named placeholders allows Zendesk to display the right language text to the visitor.
In the example below, we will replace the default text "How can we help?" with a multilingual version and add a translation for the French version.
- First, you need to create a dynamic content placeholder for a corresponding text. Go to the Admin -> Dynamic content -> Add item.
- Fill in the information for the placeholder.
- Enter "hc_how_can_we_help" (without quotes) in Dynamic content item title field. It's also useful but not necessary to add "hc_" prefix for the placeholders that are used in the help center.
- Select "English" as the default language.
- Enter "How can we help?" in the content field.
- Click on the "Create" button.
- Add a translation by clicking on the "add variant" link.
- Select the necessary language and fill in the content and click on the "Create" button.
- Now go to the Theming center and click on a theme that you would like to edit.
- In the settings panel, click on the "Translations" title and enable the "Use dynamic content translations" option.
- In the "Hero unit title" field, enter the name of our placeholder: hc_how_can_we_help. Note that you need to enter it without curly braces and "dc.".
- Save the changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.